Functions of the Climate and Water Department
Under the Strategic Thrusts 1, 2, 3 and 4 the Department:
- Implements programme activities towards achieving mainly the Expected Results 2, 3, 7, 9; and
- Contributes activities towards achieving the Expected Results 6, and 8.
The Department has overall responsibility for the delivery of Expected Results 2 and 3.
The Department manages the following programmes and programme areas:
- WCP's World Climate Applications and Services Programme (WCASP) (Expected Results 2,3 and 7);
- WCP's Climate Coordination Activities (CCA) (Expected Results 2, 6 and 8);
- AMP's Agriculture Meteorology Programme (AgMP) (Expected Results 6 and 7);
- HWRP's Programme on Basic Systems in Hydrology (BSH) (Expected Results 3 and9);
- HWRP's Programme on Hydrological Forecasting in Water Resources Management (HFWR) (Expected Results 3, 6 and 7);
- HWRP's Programme on Capacity Building in Water Resources Management (CBHWR) (Expected Results 3 and 9);
- HWRP's Programme on Cooperation in Water Related Issues (CWI) (Expected Results 6, 7 and 8).
The Department is responsible for supporting CCl, CHy, CAgM, and the EC Working Group on Climate, and Related Water and Environment Matters.