|Marine Meteorology and Oceanography Programme
Instructions for the Ship Observations Team (SOT) National Reports for 2012
- See past annual reports here
- Coordinate at the national level and nominate one SOT Focal Point. Check the lists of existing focal points at the following web pages and report discrepancies or required changes to Etienne Charpentier:
- The name of the nominated SOT Focal Point should appear on the first page of the report under "prepared by" (form Country-SOT-2012.doc, downloaded below ).
- The nominated SOT Focal Point is responsible for:
- Forwarding the VOS / SOOP / ASAP parts (as appropriate) to their
national program operators;
- Receiving the completed VOS / SOOP / ASAP parts from their national
- Completing the SOT part of the report, including Focal Points and
Port Meteorological Officers;
- Sending the individual programme VOS / SOOP / ASAP report(s) to the appropriate chairpersons.
- Submitting the completed SOT and VOS / SOOP / ASAP parts (as
appropriate) to Etienne Charpentier of the WMO Secretariat by 15 March 2013