SAGs serve as scientific bodies nominated by the CAS WG of WMO that assist in management and implementation of the GAW programme.
Terms of Reference for GAW Scientific Advisory Groups
- To provide guidance and advice on assessments relevant to OPAG-EPAC;
- To develop scientific priorities based on user requirements;
- To contribute to the GAW Strategic Plan, taking into account the IGACO strategy and
- To implement recommendations, tasks and projects as defined in the GAW Strategic
- To monitor operations at sites and recommend the development of networks,
observation methodologies and techniques;
- To develop measurement procedures and guidelines, data quality objectives and,
when applicable, standard operating procedures;
- To report to the JSC OPAG-EPAC on progress and critical problems;
- To interact with the OPAG for the World Weather Research Programme.