The WMO Regional Office for Asia and the South-West Pacific (RAP) is part of the Development and Regional Activities Department (DRA). It assists the Members of Regional Association II (Asia) and the Members of Regional Association V (South-West Pacific) in capacity building through:
- Regional technical conferences, seminars and workshops as well as regional training events to improve, strengthen and keep up-to-date the managerial skills and expert knowledge of NMHSs in the Regions;
- Awareness creation and promotion of the activities of NMHSs and WMO through the technical experts of the Secretariat;
- Advisory services for urgent requirements from developing countries and provide advice and guidance to Member states through the provision of expert services;
- Technical cooperation project development, resource mobilization, and implementation; and
- Emergency response and assistance.
The WMO Regional Office for Asia and the South-West Pacific (Geneva, Switzerland) as well as the WMO Office for West Asia (Manama, Bahrain) and the WMO Office for the South-West Pacific (Apia, Samoa) support the presidents, vice-presidents and subsidiary bodies of Regional Associations II and V, and collaborate with regional partners.