Programmes > HWRP> Regional Association VI > Hydrology Forum 2016
|Hydrology and Water Resources Programme (HWRP)
WMO RA VI Hydrology Forum
Workshop on hydrological modelling, forecasting and warnings
20 September 2016, Oslo, Norway
Session 1 "Hydrological forecasting, warning and communication with end-users”
- Meteoalarm, new challenges of preparing and dissemination of warnings and
cooperation with national or regional hydrological services – Michael Staudinger, Central
Institute for Meteorology and Geodynamics, Austria
- EFAS: European Flood Awareness System from research to operations. A
probabilistic pan European flood early warning system providing national water authorities with
information on probabilities of early flood warnings for large river basins with a medium range
lead time – Eric Sprokkereef, Rijkswaterstaat Water Management Center for the Netherlands
- Norwegian Flood and landslide Hazard Forecasting and Warning Service - Hervé
Colleuille, Norwegian Water Resources and Energy Directorate, Norway
- Towards impact based warnings; examples from ARISTOTLE project and the
Swedish pilot study on impact based warnings – Richard Wylde, SMHI
- HEPEX: Hydrological Ensemble Prediction Experiment. An international initiative
bringing together hydrologists, meteorologists, researchers and end users to develop advanced
probabilistic hydrological forecast techniques for improved flood, drought and water
management – Femke Davids, Deltares, The Netherlands
- The Israel early warning system for floods – Amir Givati Israeli Hydrological Service, Water Autority
Session 2: "Remote Sensing and Hydrological Modelling, Forecasting and Warning"
- Challenges of remote sensing for hydrology: the SMOS and the SWOT missions. - Selma Cherchali and Ahmad AL Bitar, CESBIO (Centre d'Études Spatiales de la Biosphère), Toulouse, France
- H-SAF, from products to end-users”, Overview of the EUMETSAT project Satellite Application Facility on Support to operational Hydrology and Water Management” (H-SAF), products, product validation programme, availability to end-users. - Mr Flavio Gattari, Telespazio, Rome, Italy
- H-SAF hydro-validation programme, Overview of the programme, common tasks and specific applications for the different products. Case-studies. - Dr. Michal Kasina, IMGW (Institute of Meteorology and Water Management, Krakow, Poland).
- Satellite products and the Black Sea and Middle East Flash Flood Guidance System, Quick overview of the system. How satellite derived products are used in BSMEFFGS. Case-studies - Ayhan Sayin, WMO.
- Improved hydrological forecasting through the systematic assimilation of satellite Earth Observation-derived flood extent maps - Dr. Patrick Matgen, LIST (Luxembourg Institute of Science and Technology)
- LSA-SAF evapotranspiration products and on-going research at RMI, Remote sensing exploitation for evapotranspiration assessment and operational products developments. - Dr. Françoise Meulenberghs, RMI (Royal Meteorological Institute of Belgium, Brussels, Belgium).
Session 3: “Flash Floods and Urban Floods”
WMO RA VI Hydrology Forum 2016, 21-23 September 2016, Oslo, Norway
Statement from stakeholders
Review of the activities of the Forum