|WORLD METEOROLOGICAL ORGANIZATION||
|Explanation of the criteria for classification and numbering of components|| K55.2.01
|Explanation of the dates on the component's description|
GRAPHICAL AND INTERACTIVE SOFTWARE FOR DETECTING TRENDS
1. Purpose and objectives
Environmental follow-up of water quality data (industrial effluent
loadings, concentrations in lakes and rivers). Non-parametric trend detection study of the exceedence of water quality criteria.
The software written in FORTRAN performs the following tasks:
- local or remote acquisition of data of interest (concentrations,
- study of sampling frequencies, elimination of periods with no data
- choice of a working interval, of a method for filling-in missing
- running of the test and diagnostics;
- synthesis of the data characteristics and of the chosen options, then
- slope of the trend, date of change, initial and final levels;
- statistical study of the exceedence of quality criteria (Intensity-
The graphics interfaces to the monitor and to the printer are provided with the package.
Remote access by modem to the NAQUADAT data bank; entry with the creation of an ASCII file.
CGA or EGA monitor, Epson printers, creation of result files.
5. Operational requirements and restrictions
PC compatible microcomputer with hard disk.
6. Form of presentation
User’s manual, detailed methodology with technical abstracts of the
tests (in French only) 122 p. Programs on 5.25 or 3.5 inch diskettes.
7. Operational experience
In use at Conservation and Protection, Environment-Canada, Quebec
8. Originator and technical support
Professor Daniel Cluis, INRS-Eau, Sainte Foy, Quebec, Canada.
10. Conditions on use
Run-time programs freely available.
|(First entered:24 AUG 90||
Last updated: 28 OCT 91)