|WORLD METEOROLOGICAL ORGANIZATION||
|Explanation of the criteria for classification and numbering of components||Y00.0.05
|Explanation of the dates on the component's description|
STATISTICAL ANALYSIS IN HYDROLOGY
1. Purpose and objectives
This material on the statistical analysis of water level and discharge data was prepared for use in training courses.
The main subjects covered in the manual are:
- Network design and hydrological observations: A short introduction
- Plausibility of hydrological data: All measured hydrological data or
- Theoretical probability distributions: This chapter covers the
- Correlation and regression analysis: Theoretical considerations are
- Flood and low flow events: Definitions of flood and low water
- Time series analysis: The main objective of time series analysis in
- Further chapters deal with auto- and cross-correlation, spectrum
The annex contains examples of the main statistical procedures
5. Operational requirements and restrictions
Users should be well acquainted with basic mathematics and hydrology.
6. Form of presentation
Manual in English.
7. Operational experience
The material has been presented at various workshops.
8. Originator and technical support
Dr. Hofius, Dr. Liebscher, Bundesanstalt für Gewässerkunde, Koblenz, and Dr Löken, Niedersächsisches Landesamt für Wasserwirtschaft, Hildesheim.
10. Conditions on use
Free of charge.
|(First entered: 25 AUG 87||
Last updated: 25 AUG 87)