Programmes > WCP > Commission for Climatology > Focus Area 2
Task Team on Climate Services Toolkit and Downscaling
- Ms Marina Timofeyeva-Livezey (USA, RA IV) lead
- Ms Habiba Ismail Mtongori (Tanzania, RA I) co-lead
- Mr Zhiqiang Gong (China, RA II)
- Mr Iman Babaeian (Iran, RA II)
- Mr Yury Escajadillo (Peru, RA III)
- Mr Alex Cannon (Canada, RA IV)
- Mr Simon Mason (USA, RA IV)
- Mr Yuriy Kuleshov (Australia, RA V)
- Ms Anca Brookshaw (UK, RA VI)
- Lead the development and deployment of the Climate Services Toolkit on regional and national scales and development of guidance on downscaling of climate predictions and projections.
Terms of Reference:
- Review the contents of the Climate Services Toolkit (CST) and recommend on revisions/ updates/additions keeping in view the CSIS functional requirements;
- Guide the further development of the CST portal including the organization of the elements and user interface, keeping in view the needs and capacities of the developing countries to deploy the CST;
- Facilitate inclusion of high-quality inputs into the CST including through liaison with the relevant developers and make proposals for suitable WMO accreditation procedures for quality assurance;
- Collaborate with experts within and outside of the Commission to finalize and guide the customization and deployment of the Climate Services Toolkit;
- Develop guidance on calibration of sub-seasonal to seasonal prediction for national-level operations;
- Facilitate good practices and standards in the production, interpretation and usage of downscaled climate prediction and climate change projections, including characterization of uncertainties for applications and decision-making.
- Further development of CST Portal;
- Inventory of potential candidates for inclusion in CST and proposals for accreditation procedures;
- Workshop concept for CST training;
- Guidance on customization and deployment of Climate Services Toolkit;
- Guidance on good practices and standards for the production, interpretation and usage of regional and national climate information including climate prediction and climate change scenarios, including characterization of uncertainties for applications and decision-making.