Programmes > WCP > Commission for Climatology > Focus Area 3
Expert Team on Sector-specific Climate Indices
- Mr Adam Kalkstein (USA, RA IV) co-lead
- Ms Lisa Alexander (Australia, RA V) co-lead
- Ms Atika Kasmi (Morocco, RA I)
- Mr Tosiyuki Nakaegawa (Japan, RA II)
- Ms Danielle Barros Ferreira (Brazil, RA III)
- Mr Jorge Luis Vazquez-Aguirre (Mexico, RA IV)
- Ms Lia Megrelidze (Georgia, RA VI)
- Enhance software tool for sector-specific climate indices, and expand the community of developers and facilitate customization to meet region-specific needs.
Terms of Reference:
- Further develop the standardized software ClimPACT to generate sector-specific climate indices to define simple and complex climate risks and support its integration into the Climate Services Toolkit;
- Extend set of indices produced by ClimPACT to include indices derived from other climate variables that are relevant for sector impacts;
- Further promote the use of sector-specific climate indices to bring out variability and trends in climate;
- Develop the training materials needed to raise capacity and promote uniform approaches around the world in applying these techniques;
- Further develop outreach material including videos and factsheets to promote the use of sector-specific indices in decision-making process;
- Lead and guide regional workshops building on the experience gained and lessons learned from the previous workshops;
- Initiate setting up a developers working group for further improvement and customization to address regional needs.
- Updated version of ClimPACT tool incorporating additional features and indices;
- Working group with regional representation established with specific tasks defined;
- Outreach material to promote the utilization of sector-specific indices;
- Contribute to the guidance for design and delivery of tailored products and services across all time scales (historical past to climate change projections).