• Identification of the needs and requirements for observational data from the four Priority Areas (Sectors) to support the Climate Service Information System
• Assess the current status of available observational data from the four Sectors
• Identification of the needs and requirements for climate data by the four Sectors
• Achieve common understanding on the required technical and organisational joint efforts for observation and monitoring of climate variables as well as socio-economic variables to support the Climate Services Information System, i.e. joint data bases, joint coordination mechanisms on data standardisation, data and information exchange, etc.
• Agree on key elements for the GFCS implementation plan with regards to observation and monitoring for both climate and sector applications.