Visits to ECMWF must be agreed in writing in advance. ECMWF has no
facilities for casual visitors.
- ECMWF is about 70 KM west of Central London, 50 KM west of Heathrow
airport, or 5 KM south of Central Reading.
- Car travellers use the map below. Exit from the M4 at
junction 11, take the B3270 for 1 KM, turn left on to the A327. ECMWF is
on the left.
- If you are arriving from HEATHROW airport take a Rail Air Link bus
to READING STATION. Buses depart every half hour, journey time about 60
minutes. Tickets can be bought on the bus.
- If you are arriving from GATWICK airport take a train to READING
STATION. Trains depart once an hour, journey time about 75 minutes.
- If you are arriving from CENTRAL LONDON, take a train from
PADDINGTON STATION to READING STATION, journey time about 30 minutes (See timetable here).
- If you are arriving via EUROSTAR (Waterloo station), take the
Underground (Bakerloo line) to Paddington station and proceed as above.
Alternatively take a local train from WATERLOO STATION to READING
STATION via Wokingham (See
timetable here). Trains depart every half an hour, journey time
about 75 minutes.
- The quickest way from READING STATION to ECMWF is by taxi.
- Reading Buses bus service no. 9 runs between Reading General Station
and Shinfield Road at regular intervals during day time, with restricted
service on Sundays (See
timetable here). The drop off point is "The Maidens". A further 10
minute walk is required up Shinfield road, away from Reading Town