Inter-Commission Coordination Group on
the WMO Integrated Global Observing System
(ICG on WIGOS)
In accordance with Resolution 4.2.2(1)/1 (Cg-17) – Pre-operational Phase of WIGOS, EC-67 (2015) through its Resolution 3(2)/1 re-established the Inter-Commission Coordination Group on WIGOS (ICG-WIGOS) with updated Terms of reference.
The Council decided that composition of the ICG-WIGOS will be as follows:
- Presidents of the Commission for Basic Systems (CBS) and the Commission for Instruments and Methods of Observation (CIMO) or their representatives as co-chairpersons of ICG-WIGOS;
- one representative of each WMO Regional Association, designated by its president;
- one representative of each WMO Technical Commission, designated by its president;
- EC focal points: A. D. Moura, I. Cacic, D. Konate, and T. Sutherland;
- Experts nominated by EC: Ercan Buyukbas (Turkey), Giancarlo Pedrini (Italy) and J. Arimatea de Sousa Brito (Brazil).
ICG-WIGOS is authorized to establish its WIGOS Editorial Board, sub-groups and task teams as and when required, taking into account resource limitations.
ICG on WIGOS