|Volume 60(1) – 2011
Terms of reference of the Editorial Board
1. The Board will be chaired by the Deputy Secretary-General in his capacity as Editor of the WMO Bulletin. Membership of the Board will be composed of the directors of technical and scientific departments and of relevant offices to ensure as comprehensive a coverage of issues as possible. The members of the Board should bring their expertise, experience and commitment to excellence to ensure a high standard of the Bulletin, as the official journal of WMO. They should also facilitate contributions from the network of experts/scientists involved in their respective programmes and activities.
2. The name and affiliation of each Board member shall appear on the title page of the journal.
3. The primary role of the Board is to address policy and planning. It provides advice on current issues and comments on specific articles and acts generally as a sounding board. The final decision on contents remains with the Editor. Committees would continue to be convened, as appropriate, for each theme.
4. Participation is mutually beneficial as it gives directors a chance to shape the journal, and to enhance the visibility and prestige of their own programmes and of WMO.
5. Board members are required to:
6. The membership of the Board will be as follows:
7. The Board will meet at least once a year. Most of its work can be done by e-mail.