Facilitator David Eades introduces the panellists and directs the following questions to one panellist at a time, with opportunities for comment from other panellists as the discussion unfolds:
1. What are your personal feelings about the recent climate related disasters that have impacted your communities?
2. Do you think small islands really facing an increase in extreme weather events such as cyclones and flooding?
3. Do you think the increase in extreme weather events poses one of the biggest challenges to the development of small island nations?
4. What do you think is the main problem we face in improving the way small islands prepare and respond to these extreme weather events?
5. Will investing in improving weather and climate services in small islands really help to protect vulnerable communities and economies?
6. What must the governments of small island nations do now to ensure that their communities and economies are protected from the predicted increase in extreme weather events?